What is ICV Certification?
The ICV Certification is an independent third-party review of the supplier’s ICV submission template (for ICV Scorecard and Plan) which includes the ICV Contribution.
To learn more about the ICV Scorecard and Plan please visit the ICV Tools and Templates page.
Suppliers are required to get their ICV Scorecards and Plans certified by pre-approved independent ICV Certifiers. The steps for obtaining an ICV Certificate are as follows:
Why do we need ICV Certification?
- To ensure integrity of the information provided by suppliers in terms of ICV Contribution
- To ensure suppliers’ ICV scores are evidence-based and calculated according to the pre-defined methodologies
Governance of the ICV Certification Process
Tawteen has put in place a governance structure to ensure transparency, quality and consistency of interpretation of the ICV program.
What is an ICV Certifier?
ICV Certifiers will act as third-party independent bodies that will certify the ICV Scorecards and Plans submitted by suppliers. Their main responsibilities are to:
- Perform test procedures and review information provided by suppliers
- Issue Factual Finding Reports, which include the ICV Certificates
- Attend and contribute to the ICV Certifiers panel bi-weekly meetings
- Provide access to Tawteen to review working papers
ICV Certifiers are appointed by Tawteen, and suppliers can only get certified through the appointed ICV Certifiers listed above.