Tawteen offers a Supplier Development Program which encourages the growth and success of Energy Sector suppliers. One of the key features of Tawteen is the promotion of collaborative relationships between suppliers and the Energy Sector companies. We believe that our suppliers are an integral part of the Energy Sector and recognize their significant contribution to the economy of Qatar. Key initiatives under the Supplier Development program are as follows:
- Information Sharing: Information on new supply chain investment opportunities, forthcoming spend including clarity on 3-5 year purchasing demand will be provided to suppliers; with this information, we expect that suppliers can plan and operate businesses more efficiently.
- Engagement: The Energy Sector will engage suppliers regularly through forums. We expect these forums to provide a platform for suppliers and Energy Sector companies to establish collaborative relationships.
- Business Process Improvements: Certain improvements to the Energy Sector companies’ contracting and procurement policies, standards and procedures will be introduced to assist Suppliers in their business dealings with us. Our intent is to harmonize policies, standards and procedures across the Energy Sector and these improvements will be gradually implemented.
- Technical and Business Development Support: Suppliers, particularly Small and Medium Enterprises will be provided with assistance on technical and operational aspects of their business to improve performance and competitiveness. Where required, support will be provided allowing access to facilities for pilot testing of new products and services in the Energy Sector companies.
- Talent Development: Tawteen ensures that the localized suppliers are capable to address the demand set forth by the Energy Sector On Time, On Quality, while having a sustainable business. The talent development program in Tawteen aims to Support our suppliers to develop their workforce skills and competencies to enable them to reach their potential and meet the energy sector requirements. This is achieved through upskilling, training courses and exchange programs with our anchors.
A number of Supplier Development Leads focusing on targeted segments are available within the Tawteen team to support suppliers. Suppliers are requested to contact the Tawteen Service Center which will arrange onward communication with the responsible Supplier Development Lead.
- Land: QatarEnergy will assist investors to secure land for new facilities required to implement the opportunities under the Tawteen Program. Facilities will be located primarily in Qatar Free Zones and Manateq.
- Financing: QatarEnergy is collaborating with a number of banks to facilitate financing packages under Tawteen Program. Investors can contact Qatar Development Bank, Qatar National Bank, Commercial Bank Qatar, Qatar Islamic Bank, and Masraf Al-Rayan for further details by referring to the Tawteen Program.